Thursday, September 10, 2020

New Irish Novella--Available Now!

In the midst of bear damage control, harvesting buckets of blueberries, and attacking weeds gone crazy, I've released a new book! My latest is The Little Irish Gift Shop, the first book of my new Fairy Cottage of Ballydara mini-series. This short novel takes place, in Seattle, but it's very much connected with the world of my other Irish novels, set in County Galway. Here's more about the story:

There's a story behind this cover
A summer in Seattle, a charming little shop, and a once-in-a-lifetime chance at a new life...

New release! In this sparkling novella, Dublin girl Emma Carey jumps at the opportunity to start fresh in America—her old friend Fitzwilliam has offered her a job running a picturesque Irish shop in Seattle. At 30, she's always played it safe, but that hasn’t saved her from regularly mucking up her career, and the shop seems perfect—plus Emma’s wise younger sister Hazel (who's also a bit mystical) is entirely supportive.  

 

Arriving in Seattle, Emma discovers the shop is full of surprises. And so is geeky Fitz. Yet she’s determined to make a go of her unexpectedly tricky situation. Can she pull off taking the risks to jump-start her life? Full of heart and humor, The Little Irish Gift Shop is just the beginning of Emma’s unforgettable journey to her heart's desire.



I had imagined this little gift shop on a street in a lovely historical district in Seattle--but I couldn't find any photo for my book cover that matched my ideas. At a loss for what to do, I was scrolling through a bunch of photos John and I had taken in Ireland, on my research trip a few years back. In the seaside village of Dingle, County Kerry, John had taken a photo of a sweet little stone nook, that led up to outdoor seating for a pie shop. When I saw the photo again, I just knew the nook could lead up to my little shop! 


Another novel coming soon...


Watch for more of my Irish novels featuring Emma, her sister Hazel, and the O'Donoghue family from my short story, The Christmas Visitor. Book 2 of the Fairy Cottage series, Becoming Emma, will be released Fall 2020! 


You can find The Little Irish Gift Shop at your favorite online retailer, including Amazon, Kobo, Nook and the Apple Store !  

No comments:

Post a Comment